The mission of the Western North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance is to help create a
community that will be educated, supportive and inclusive of individuals with Down Syndrome.
Which 17 counties does the Western North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance cover?
Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison,
McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania and Yancey.
* We respect the rights, abilities and potential of people with Down syndrome.
* We believe that people with Down syndrome should have the opportunity to make choices
affecting their lives.
* We respect and support the role of families in meeting the needs of people with Down
* We value the efforts of our affiliates in the support they provide to people with Down
syndrome and their families.
* We value excellence in the quality of education, research and advocacy provided to our
* We value diversity in our board, staff, volunteers and membership.
* We value the excellence and commitment of our board, volunteers and staff in their roles
supporting the rights and abilities of people with Down syndrome.
PO Box 8338
Asheville, NC 28814
John Madden, President
Melissa Greene, Secretary
Paul Holdredge, Treasurer
Rochelle Hylton, Co-Treasurer