The mission of the Western North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance is to help create a community that will be educated, supportive and inclusive of individuals with Down Syndrome.
Which 17 counties does the Western North Carolina Down Syndrome Alliance cover?
Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania and Yancey.
* We respect the rights, abilities and potential of people with Down syndrome.
* We believe that people with Down syndrome should have the opportunity to make choices affecting their lives.
* We respect and support the role of families in meeting the needs of people with Down syndrome.
* We value the efforts of our affiliates in the support they provide to people with Down syndrome and their families.
* We value excellence in the quality of education, research and advocacy provided to our constituents.
* We value diversity in our board, staff, volunteers and membership.
* We value the excellence and commitment of our board, volunteers and staff in their roles supporting the rights and abilities of people with Down syndrome.
Help support us with a donation…
All donations are tax-deductible in the United States. ‘Not for Sale Fund’ is a California Non-Profit Corporation organized in accordance with Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Not For Sale Campaign is a program of ‘Not for Sale Fund.’
Annual tax receipts are sent to donors within the current year via email or mail by January 31.